Pitcairn Islands
Friday, April 07, 2006 Pitcairn's Portrait Gallery gets Modrian

Hi to all my loyal subjects, it is with great pride and jubilation that I announce to you all that I have on your behalf bought from the John Paul Getty Collection a Modrian to hang in our gallery!

Rejoice around the Islands for this is truly a great day. I purchased via a intermediary named E Bay for the princely sum of PIĀ£125,000 (delivered in a cardboard tube!).

The piece if called Composition B in r(Ed), it will hang along side the two Beryl Cook pieces.

My good man Owen CBE has taken it upon himself, with my full admiration, to obtain for the gallery a commissioned work of the venerated, but slightly mad, Tracy Eminem, famous for such work as My Name is Stan, Slim Shady and Toy Soldiers.

Posted by Pitcairn Islanders - The Real Christians :: 2:53 AM :: 5 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------